Bookslut: I'm no good at being an internet celebrity

The Guardian coerces Bookslut's Jessa Crispin to keep a journal about how her site works and what's like to work at home in jammies: "I've been recognised before from various articles about blogging. I always handle it badly. I feel myself blushing furiously, and whatever comes out of my mouth next is nonsensical. "This must be very exciting for you," the woman in red says. "Yeah, well, you know, it's, uh, yeah." I'm now trying to add up my balance while feeling incredibly awkward. I avoid eye contact and the moment fades clumsily. I take my bank statement and race out of the door. On my way to the bus stop, I of course figure out exactly how I could have handled that gracefully. I'm no good at being an internet celebrity."

Popular Posts