THE WEEKEND REPORT, August 25-26, 2018


Andrew Bujalski On Support The Girls; Crazy Rich Asians: Seed, Not Sequels; Errol Morris On "Honey Badger" Steve Bannon And American Dharma; Tim Conway; Netflix Poaches Disney Exec To Make Better Original Features; "Privacy Nihilism"; Larry Clark; Abel Ferrara and much more.

Andrew Bujalski on Support The Girls, Hollywood Casting and the Patriarchy Vadim Rizov, Filmmaker

"Crazy Rich Asians has passed $50 million within its first nine days of release, already sparking talk of a sequel. But producers should look beyond one potential new franchise." David Sims, The Atlantic

"This whole phenomenon of people being in silos and not seeing the world anymore—what are you supposed to do to make the world a better place nowadays?" Errol Morris On American Dharma, His Extended Conversation With Steve Bannon Boston Review

"Did Bannon try to feel you out at all about what political perspective you’d be coming from or have any fears about that?" "I don’t think that he had fears about that. He’s a honey badger." "Sorry?" "Honey badgers don’t care." Frank Bruni, New York Times

Netflix Set to Name Top Disney Exec To Oversee Film Production Variety

John Woo On Hard Target's Hard Road The Reporter

Global Road Skids The Reporter

"Looking Back at a Road Not Taken and Forward Towards a Future Inspired by Crazy Rich Asians" Celeste Pewter‬⁩ Reappropriate

British choreographer and mime Lindsay Kemp was 80 Grauniad

Charles Mudede Says Boots Riley Wrong About Blackkklansman The Stranger

Searching For Performance (And Its Locations) Fifty Years Later Sight/Sound

"What 'Barry' Taught Bill Hader About Filmmaking " Vulture

Venice Faces Further Pressure To Program More Films Directed By Women The Reporter

"How the world’s wildest party became a parody of itself: The rise and fall of Burning Man" Huck

"The age of privacy nihilism is here, and it’s time to face the dark hollow of its pervasive void." Ian Bogost, The Atlantic

"I’m a writer because, starting at age 12, I had a teacher who believed in me. That teacher was Marty Skoble" Lena Dunham Teachers and Writers

"You don’t need to be a crazy rich Asian to enjoy a good holiday in Tokyo." Time Out Tokyo

Robin Leach Was 76 The Reporter
"I always wanted to make films. I wanted to make Tulsa as a film, but it wasn’t possible to do that, but I made the book, which is like a film. So I decided to make a film. And I had to clean up, because no one’s gonna give money to a junkie, so I cleaned up for the purpose of getting money to make a film. I had done so much autobiography, so I wanted to do something that wasn’t about me at all. I wanted to find out what was going on with kids then. I decided the most interesting idea cinematically was skateboarders. So I started hanging out with skateboarders, and I hung out with them for like three years." Larry Clark at Flavorwire

New Artistic Director at the Locarno Festival Locarno Festival

Tout de Tweet






Popular Posts